Yesterday the groundbreaking began for our lot! Clyde drove by to see if it had started and there were big machines and trucks with large pipes. The lot had stakes mapping out the lines they will follow for digging the hole.
Thursday, I finalized picking out the cabinets, countertops and the wall color. The cabinets will be maple in a color called Mocha. Mocha is a darker cabinet with a little hint of cherry. I was going to change to another for the bathrooms but I like the mocha color so much that I kept them the same color. The countertops will be different. For the kitchen, the countertop is black lamanite with touches of red undertones in the cabinet. It will look very dramatic. The tops of the cabinets will have crown molding. The guest bathroom will have a golden almost caramel laminate that has brown underlayment. The master bathroom will have another black laminate with green undertones. I think it is called agate. The walls will be softer tan.
I also picked the color of the siding, shutters and roof. We aren't allowed to have the same color of siding as the neighbors on either side of us. On one side, the neighbor has white siding. On the other, the neighbor picked a color called "Sand". I was disappointed because I would have liked that color. I ended up picking a color called "Sierra" which is a darker color - almost a taupe. If you go up and down our street, you will see shutters in either a green or cranberry. I decided that I would go for something different and picked Midnight Blue. We also opted to have windows in the garage door which will be the same as what our door looks like at our current home. The roof will be "weathered wood" which has flex of colors in it so if we change the shutters in the future, it will go nicely with the roof.
I'm so excited and happy that it has started! This will be digging the basement and pouring the walls. The next phase in a couple of weeks will be framing!
No comments:
Post a Comment