After much discussion about "our golden years", we decided that we had to down-size. Our current house is too big and the stairs are becoming knee cripplers. The one thing Clyde said we would NEVER do was build. Never say never!
We decided while we still have reasonable health, it would be the best time to downsize so I started looking on the realtor websites to see what was out there. I told Clyde that I would be picky since it will be the last house we live in. So I started looking and found the perfect house for us. Clyde had contacted a realtor and this "perfect" house was on our list. It ws even more perfect when we went to see it. We made an offer and since the house had sat on the market for quite a long time, we were pretty confident that we had it. Not so....
Long story short, the tenant that was living in the house decided she couldn't live without it and asked to have a chance to buy it so the house was immediately taken off the market. Needless to say, we were very disappointed and every house we saw after that paled in comparison.
The next week, we decided to go to some open houses. on the way, I told Clyde that I would like to stop at the new development nearby and see what kind of ranch type houses were available in the price range we wanted. The next thing I knew, Clyde was seriously talking about building!
This process started well over a month ago. We picked the lot we want which backs to a woods. No one will ever build there because it is considered a "green space". Also it has a steep ravine so that would prevent it also. We will build in the last phase of the development so there will be a walking trail through the woods in the future. Actually there are walking trails all over the development. I am anxious to be able to walk Chloe on them.
When we went to show the lot to Brian, Tammy and Caleb, there was a huge pile of dirt there. See picture
1 comment:
We are excited to see your blog post! E actually came in here clapping saying Mamaw put up a blog post, the first one in 2010!!!! It was cute :)
Looking forward to watching and reading as the building process continues!
Post a Comment